Industrial R&D engineering internship round
Teraloop was founded to address the grand challenge of finding the “holy grail” of energy industry, and to combat the mythical creature called “Blackout”. We believe we have the key to create the world’s first 10-100MWh kinetic energy storage solution. A physical, non toxic and secure way to store energy which will store and distribute energy harvested from the Variable Renewable Energy (VRE) sources.
The planet needs to solve the grand challenge of filling the gap of energy production versus the growing demand for energy. In today’s world they don’t meet.
Today Teraloop and its academic, research center, engineering and energy industry partners are solving one of the greatest challenge of our plant. How to save the planet, how to reduce and cut down the use of carbon based energy fuels, how to close all coal power plants in the world, and how to make the world a safe place for our children and their children. The planet Earth needs you!
OPEN INTERNSHIP POSITION: INDUSTRIAL R&D ENGINEER
The R&D engineering intern will have the duty to compile, interpret and test the research data produced and provided both internally and to Teraloop by its research partners, and also has the duty to research and develop further the innovations applicable to the Teraloop prototyping phase. He or she will support the innovation process of the company, participate in knowledge creation, and the production of key intellectual property assets.
He or she will finally assist the delivery of prototype design, manufacturing and cost estimation processes involved in the preparation of the launch of the first grid connected energy storage system for July 2017. He or she will report to the Chief Engineer, Ian Denton, and liaise with the Technical Steering Group.
– R&D ENGINEERING AND PRODUCTION – support R&D development, design and pre-production, with internal and external teams, towards metric achievement in the areas of labor efficiency, labor utilization, cost, delivery, and quality by analyzing and challenging existing procedures, making recommendations, and working with the operational management to implement solutions.
– RATE ACHIEVEMENT – establish and update time standards for Teraloop manufacturing, testing, quality, and integration operations with time study/estimations and high level estimations. Highlight pre-manufacturing bottlenecks and support production to work towards implementing solutions, and conduct process capability studies to determine rate readiness.
– STATE OF THE ART ANALYSIS – investigate and report the state of the art with regards to the new and upcoming avenues of innovation of the company.
– DOCUMENT CONTROL – Ensuring the subcontractors are issued the correct information.
– IP PROTECTION – Ensuring that our IP is protected when sending out our data.
– REVISION CONTROL – Ensuring we access the correct information.
– DATA MANAGEMENT – Ensuring we keep our data organized and tidy.
– Bachelor’s degree in engineering in one of the following: industrial/electrical power, mechanical engineering, automation engineering, power engineering or related/equivalent fields.
– Demonstrable experience driving high visibility projects to completion (capital equipment, line balancing, efficiency improvements, etc.).
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
– Record of building consensus across teams to drive projects to completion.
– Record of meeting expectations against very tight deadlines and high visibility projects.
– Experience with CAD modelling and computational engineering.
– Experience with large vehicle construction (i.e. rail, shipyard, aviation, construction engineering experience, etc.)
– Electric motor design experience.
– Good written, oral and presentation skills in English
– Ability to work effectively in teams
– Self-starting problem-solver
– Individual, creative, curious
– Champion of collaborative working
– Able to absorb tasks
– Drives new working practices and adapts easily
– Must be open to working long hours and weekends, as needed.
– To have a work permit within EU
– Must be able to meet safety and mobility requirements for working in a hazardous environment
– Opportunity for the future include R&D Engineer.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
Teraloop is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Teraloop is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Internship positions available as early as April 2017.
For further information, please send an email to the attention to:
Phone: +358 458 793 433