Seeking a Senior Electrical R&D Engineer
We are developing a new generation of kinetic energy storage systems. This requires world-leading technology, and the people who can design it. We offer to our team:
- A sense of purpose working on a “grand challenge” that enables transition to a renewable-based energy system.
- A collaborative working environment, with the tools to support this, just pitch-in with new ideas.
- Operate in self-directed and self organizing teams.
- Build a flexible working schedule that suits everyone’s needs.
Does this appeal to you ? If so, then here are the details :
Job Description – Senior Industrial R&D engineer
- You’ll lead and inspire a team of dedicated R & D engineers.
- Design mechanical, electronic, and control systems, from basic calculations to production drawings.
- Build, commission and test industrial scale machines.
- Lead our technical development using “first principles” thinking and research.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in electrical/ electronic / power engineering.
- At least 5 years industry experience related to the field of your degree.
- Specialist knowledge in one of : electromagnetics, power electronics, control systems.
- Experience of leading teams to project completion.
- Attitude of getting your hands dirty and being proud of it.
- You can act as coach and a sparring partner for the team on technical issues.
- You can perform calculations from basic principles, through to finite element analysis.
- You are able to explain complex ideas in simple terms (presentations/reports/guidance).
- You can design with 2D and 3D software tools.
- You can convey data in easy-to-understand and creative forms (e.g, R, or Python).
- The ability to communicate technical matters in Finnish and English would be preferred.
“Nice to have”:
- Speciality in magnetics, electrodynamics, power electronics and drives.
- Control system design with Matlab and Simulink and/or Labview
- Knowledge of standards and regulation in the energy sector
The position is available immediately, but the starting date is negotiable. There is no deadline for applications; we will look at applications as soon as they come in, and we will keep looking until we fill the position.
Please send your CV to email@example.com if we have caught your interest.
For further information, please send an email to:
Philippe Pepin, COO
Phone: +358 46 847 2907
CC: Ian Denton, Chief Engineer