Teraloop is hiring a Legal Counsel (part-time)
We are a young company developing a new generation of kinetic energy storage systems for a future with cleaner energy. This requires world-leading technology and the people who can design and deliver it.
We offer to our team:
- A sense of purpose, working on a “grand challenge” that enables transition to a renewable-based energy system;
- A collaborative working environment, with the tools to support this, just pitch-in with new ideas;
- The possibility to operate in self-directed and self-organizing teams; and
- Flexible working schedules that suit everyone’s needs.
Does the prospect of making a real difference in a small company appeal to you? If so, then here are the details:
Job Description – Legal Counsel
Teraloop is looking for a part-time legal professional to join its team for up to 3 days/week. As legal counsel at Teraloop, your tasks would include the following:
- sustaining appropriate quality of corporate governance through legal support, such as:
- making sure that the Finnish Companies Act, other acts and principles of good governance are complied with;
- taking care of the legal aspects of the meetings of the board of directors and the general meetings; and
- handling filings to the Finnish Patent and Registration Office (PRH).
- drafting, correcting and amending legal agreements;
- compiling, analysing, interpreting and monitoring Finnish and European policy and legislation surrounding energy storage;
- taking care of legal aspects related to employment matters (employment contracts, collective agreements);
- evaluating legal risks and preventing legal conflicts;
- assisting with the management of stakeholders and funding opportunities; and
- assisting in handling ongoing daily operations.
What we wish from our candidates
We are looking for someone who can bring not just enthusiasm and diligence to our operations but also a real desire to become involved in helping us to shape the future energy mix.
We would like you to have the following skills and qualifications:
- LL.B, LL.M or equivalent degree with ability to practice law in Finland;
- Strong demonstrated leadership, with a proactive “go-to” attitude and good interpersonal skills;
- Genuine interest to work in the industry; and
- Professional level of Finnish and English language.
How to apply
Please send your covering letter and CV to email@example.com by 7th September 2018.
Otakaari 5, Espoo, Finland